TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF DIFFICULT EMPLOYEE TERMINATIONS
Employers are often faced with the stressful task of terminating employees. Whether the result of a layoff, elimination of a position, or firing someone for cause, the employee termination process is never easy.
Challenges can arise when the employee in question:
- Is out on protected leave;
- Has made comments regarding potential medical issues;
- Is known or perceived by the employer to have a protected disability;
- Has recently had a work-related injury or illness;
- Has complained of harassment/discrimination or is a witness in a harassment/discrimination investigation;
- Has filed or threatened to file a wage & hour claim or other complaint of unfair practices;
- Has exercised his/her protected rights under the National Labor Relations Act;
- Is part of a layoff where a majority of affected employees is in a protected class;
- Has demonstrated threatening or violent behavior.
Vantaggio HR consultants are experts in helping clients:
- Review all pre-termination decisions,
- Identify potential risks,
- Map out strategies for employee terminations;
- Engage experienced employment counsel when necessary;
- Conduct exit interviews.
We will be there every step of the way to ensure difficult terminations are handled professionally and without negatively impacting your business.
Contact Vantaggio HR before making a termination decision.