The Department of Design and Construction (DDC) is responsible for the design and construction management of the city’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP). DDC administers the development and implementation of capital improvements for city agencies working in conjunction with city operating departments. DDC projects include development of infrastructure and facilities for roads and drainage, bridges, parks, fire, police, emergency services, customer services, finance, and planning and permitting. Additionally, DDC performs land survey and land acquisition in support of city agencies.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Chief of Facilities, Facilities Division, this position is primarily responsible for monitoring labor standards compliance for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) projects. In addition, this position assumes general clerical responsibilities for the division with minimum supervision.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Reviews and approves weekly certified payroll submissions ensuring they comply with State Wage Rate Schedule.
– Track and maintains a log of submissions and works with contractors to ensure compliance.
– Coordinates and joins pre-construction meetings
– Filing digital and physical documents.
– Prepares, proofs standard/routine division correspondence
– Inputs and completes financial transactions
– Acts as a receptionist and greeter while in the office
– Operates motor vehicle to and from various job sites
– Conducts on site wage audits weekly
Minimum Qualifications Requirements: A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by course work in typing, and three years of clerical experience which shall have included some typing.
License requirements: Valid Hawaii driver’s license
In addition to providing important services to the public, employment with the City & County of Honolulu has many excellent benefits including:
– Generous Time Off (Vacation – Employees may earn 21 days a year; Sick Leave – Employees may earn 21 days a year; Holidays – 13 holidays per year, 14 in an election year.)
– Healthcare plans offered include medical, prescription drug, vision, dental and life insurance.
– Employee Assistance Program including free confidential counseling and referral services
– Retirement and Deferred Compensation plans
– Training and Development opportunities are available through City-sponsored training programs and training reimbursement policy.
Pay Rate: $36,504 annual
Additional Information: At the time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www8.honolulu.gov/apps/2023/02/28/senior-clerk-typist-admin-assistant/ or submit your resume to
(To view other opportunities, visit www.honolulu.gov/career)
NOTE: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
An Equal Opportunity Employer